- Start with a light matte brown eyeshadow in the crease, using a big fluffly brush. This will make life a lot easier when you start blending darker eyeshadows into the crease. I used MAC Wedge.
- Next, build up the crease color to a darker brown. I used MAC Espresso eyeshadow with a smaller, fluffy brush.
- Apply a dark, shimmery brown eyeshadow to the lid using a flat, stiff brush. Don't worry about the blending yet, we'll take care of that in the next step. I used Urban Decay's Darkhorse eyeshadow from the original Naked palette.
- Using the same small fluffy brush from step 2, use a midtone matte brown eyeshadow to blend the lid color into the crease, making it seamless. I used Urban Decay's Buck eyeshadow.
- Bring down the lid color to the lower lashline.
- Apply a brow highlight color. I used the Urban Decay Virgin eyeshadow from the Naked palette.
8. Apply a black pencil liner to the upper lashline and waterline. I used Urban Decay's 24/7
Glide On Pencil in Perversion.
9. Smudge out the pencil liner on the upper lashline.
10. Apply mascara. I used Yves Saint Laurent's Shocking mascara.
11. Additional, unnecessary step: I applied false lashes. These are the Ardell #135's.
Voila! That's all there is to it. I hope this helps those of you who wanted to learn to do a brown smoky eye! Pair this with a nice bronzer and highlighter on the cheeks, and a nude pink lip and you will be the belle of any ball!