Since you probably don't care about my fond childhood memories of reading, I'm just going to cut to the chase: I rarely have the time to sit down and read a good book. Towards the end of last year, I began making it my mission to read whenever I could. I extended that goal into 2014, and am determined to read at least two books per month, which pales in comparison to what I would read back in high school. I know a lot of you have goals to read more, so I have included some of my personal favorites, along with a compilation of books I would like to read.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- How Did You Get This Number by Sloane Crosley
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Half the Sky by Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
- I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
- And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.