Anyway, one of my main homies, Emilie, has STUNNING red hair, so I bamboozled her into being my makeup model for a few hours. She doesn't wear a lot of makeup and doesn't get too adventurous with her makeup because she doesn't want anything to clash with your hair, so it got me thinking. I have SO much fun doing makeup on redheads because of their hair color, and I don't think that your hair color should limit what you use makeup-wise. If you have red hair, definitely read on for my essential redhead makeup tips (my favorite products for redheads will be coming up soon, too!).
- Green eyeshadow is going to look GREAT on you. Green and red are complementary colors, which means they look good together. I love using olive green eyeshadows on redheads. On Emilie, I used MAC's Sumptuous Olive eyeshadow, which is the perfect, wearable green eyeshadow.
- You CAN wear red lipstick, but you do need to find the right shade of red so it doesn't clash with your hair color. I love a deep burgundy-brick red lipstick on a redhead. I also think that coral lipsticks look amazing on redheads, too.
- You can also wear pink lipstick! Pink lipstick can be really unexpected and awesome on redheads, so if you're feeling feisty: DO IT. One of my favorite redheads, Emma Stone, has rocked an awesome pink lipstick before and it looks amazing on her. If she can do it, then so can you!
- Red hair can really enhance the pink undertones in your skin, so if you have pinky undertones, use a yellow-based tinted moisturizer to even out your skin tone.
- Have fun with it! Experiment and figure out what works best for your hair and skintone. Red hair can vary greatly, from strawberry blondes to auburn-hued, so different things will work for different kinds of redheads. And you won't know what works for you until you've tried it. Remember: makeup is supposed to be fun, so have fun, make some mistakes, and, ultimately, learn from your mistakes.