Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Lunchbox.
Fast forward a few years, and I realized how important my individuality was to me. I didn't want to look like everyone else. I wanted to stand out! And what better way to stand out then to rock my natural hair on a daily basis? Plus, just about everyone without curly hair is constantly telling me how much they wish they had my hair. Curly hair is kiiiinda the best. There's so much you can do with it! Sure, there's a lot of maintenance, but it's 100% worth it in the end. Plus, thanks to Dove's Quench products, maintaining my curly hair isn't such a hassle anymore. Win-win!
It's been over five years since I've taken a flat iron to my hair. Sometimes people ask me if I'm ever tempted to straighten my hair, but my answer is always no. Why? Because I LOVE my curls, and you should, too. Not convinced? Here are 5 reasons to #LoveYourCurls like I do.
- People covet it. Ask any limp-haired person on the street, and they'll tell you how much they wish they had curly hair. People pay hundreds of dollars to get perms, and spend hours styling their hair in the hopes that their hair will hold a curl. We don't have to worry about that!
- It's extremely versatile. Us curly girls can do soooo much with our hair. We can get a large-barreled curling iron for looser curls, or use a flat iron to straighten our locks. Although, really, why would we want to bother with that? ;)
- It's great for all sorts of weather. When it starts raining, I'm not scrambling to cover my hair. My hair is virtually weather-proof. It does well in the hot, sweltering weather, and does well in the cooler weather- rain or shine.
- Messy hair still looks good. I don't know about you, but I love messy updos. With straight hair, it can look kind of sloppy, but I think with curly hair it will always look good and put-together.
- It's apart of who you are. Embrace it. Curly hair sets you apart from the crowd. Don't be like everyone else. Stand out. Embrace yourself, and embrace your curls!
With Dove Quench products you get perfectly nourished hair + 4x more defined, natural curls.* Dove Quench Absolute Ultra Nourishing Shampoo gently cleanses curly hair, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. Dove Quench Absolute Ultra Nourishing Conditioner absorbs effortlessly into the hair and increases manageability of curls for a smooth finish. Dove Quench Absolute Intensive Restoration Mask is a rich, creamy formula that deeply penetrates the hair to intensely nourish curls. Dove Quench Absolute Supreme Creme Serum is a 'on the go' leave-in nourishing treatment.
So tell me, why do you #LoveYourCurls?