This post is sponsored by Luminess Air via Hawke Media. All opinions stated are my own.Luminess Air reached out to me to see if I would like to try out and review an airbrush system. So, I found that little coincidence to be quite hilarious, and borderline serendipitous, you know? I've always been quite stubborn in regards to airbrush makeup- I just never really "got" it. So I was happy to have the chance to give airbrush makeup a fair chance.
Luminess Air's claims are that it's easy to use and made for every day use. The makeup lasts for more than 10 hours, and is oil and fragrance free and is water-based. This makeup should minimize the appearance of pores, wrinkles, and fine lines for a more youthful look, and should blend easily into the skin. Luminess Air also says that their makeup reduces the appearance of blemishes, age spots, and redness.
Luminess Air system, along with the Ultra Foundation in shades 2 and 3. I also received a moisturizer/primer, blush, and a luminizer. The foundation is supposed to be a primer, moisturizer, concealer, AND a foundation, but they also provide the extra moisturizer/primer. I opted not to use this as it made me skin looking all sorts of greasy.
The Ultra Foundation is the perfect balance between a dewy/matte finish. I opted for this foundation because I'm not a fan of matte finish products, and I didn't want to look straight up dewy. This seemed like the perfect solution for me. After applying the foundation, I was left with the perfect demi-matte finish.
With all of that being said, how did it really hold up? Well, I have found that there are some pros and cons to this machine and the airbrush makeup. I'll break it down for you.
- This makeup stays put ALL. DAY. It says 10 hours, but for me it definitely stayed on a lot longer than that.
- Once you get the hang of it, it's super easy and quick to apply the makeup. It took me 3 tries to really figure out how to use it.
- This makeup photographs really well. One night I went out with friends, and we took some pictures with flash, and I didn't look like Casper the Friendly Ghost! So that was a win for me.
- It made my skin feel really nice and soft, and super hydrated. No dry skin for me!
- It is definitely super hygienic. And clean up is a breeze. No need to wash brushes or fuss around with things too much. It's very straightforward.
- The machine itself is small and compact, which makes it super portable and easy to travel with. That's definitely a bonus!
- I definitely feel like this foundation emphasized my pores. I don't have large pores by any means, and I have never had a foundation emphasize my pores, so this was a first for me. I would recommend using a pore minimizing primer before using this foundation.
- The undertones in the foundation did not match me at all. It's a small difference that not many people would notice, but as you already know, I'm a makeup artist so I'm acutely aware to these sorts of things. It would be awesome if they created foundations that were totally neutral and then had adjustors so you can adjust the foundation to match your undertones completely.
- I still had to use concealer to cover up my blemishes. I actually apply my concealer to cover major marks on my face before applying the foundation so I don't have to mess with the foundation too much after the application.
Overall, I think this is a really great way to ensure you have nearly flawless makeup that will last all day. Am I convinced enough to use this in my makeup kit? Not quite, but never say never... BUT! I do plan on using this more in the future, and hope that Luminess expands their foundation line to include more undertones, because I am supremely impressed with how long my makeup lasted in near-perfect condition.
Best of all? If you use discount code "592417579" on Luminessair.com, you'll get 20% off your purchase! That makes this a pretty affordable airbrush option for those of you interested in airbrushing. And it's incredibly easy to learn- there are also online tutorials you can watch to help you out. Bonus picture of me giggling because airbrushing is EASY, guys!
This post is sponsored by Luminess Air via Hawke Media. Thanks for supporting the brands that help keep Brikasia creating new and original content for you!